Metal Greenhouse Benches
Length (specify inches or feet):
Expanded metal greenhouse benches feature an open diamond design that helps prevent mold and fungus growth by promoting complete water drainage and air circulation. Our metal greenhouse bench frames are constructed of heavy-duty 16 gauge hot-dipped galvanized steel. The expanded metal tops also resist corrosion and rust being constructed of hot-dipped galvanized steel. The metal greenhouse bench tops are most commonly manufactured of 14 gauge steel, but can be custom modified to best match the greenhouse bench load and size. Expanded metal benches are available in your choice of three base frames:
Metal Greenhouse Benches – Stationary Base Frame
Metal Greenhouse Benches – Standard Rolling Extension Base Frame
Metal Greenhouse Benches – MAX Rolling Extension Base Frame
MAD Greenhouse products supplies a variety of different styles and configurations of growing benches for small or large installations. Whether you are redesigning an existing greenhouse or building a new greenhouse from the ground up, order what you know you need or contact us to lend support in configuring the best custom solution for your operation.
- Hot-dipped galvanized steel to protect against corrosion and rust
- 14 gauge expanded metal most common (different steel gauges available depending on bench load and size)
- Diamond cut open mesh design to allow maximum air circulation, light penetration and water drainage
- Bench frames constructed of heavy-duty 16 gauge hot-dipped galvanized steel with heavy marine grade aluminum rails, rounded bench corners & leg connectors
- All parts pre-drilled for easy and simple installation using a few common tools
- Choice of stationary, standard or MAX rolling base frame
- Leveling headers at the top of each leg with 2 1/2" of adjustment
METAL GREENHOUSE BENCHES – Stationary Base
Retail and production areas that need easy access to all crops are best served with fixed, stationary grow tables. Standard widths are 4’, 5’ and 6’, but all dimensions including width, length and height can be customized to meet your needs.
METAL GREENHOUSE BENCHES – Standard Rolling Extension Base
Standard rolling benches increase production area by eliminating unnecessary walkways. There is a trade-off in less plant accessibility. Standard rolling benches extend up to 32% beyond the width of the frame.*
METAL GREENHOUSE BENCHES – MAX Rolling Extension Base
MAX rolling benches should be installed on concrete floors for anchoring to avoid tipping. MAX roll benches extended up to 43% beyond the width of the frame.*
*view the Stardard v. MAX rolling comparison chart under the Product Files tab
- What is the difference between hot-dipped galvanized steel and electro galvanized (also termed electroplated) steel? Both refer to a zinc coating of steel to prevent rusting. Hot-dipped galvanized coatings are almost always several times thicker and therefore several times as corrosion resistant. Hot-dipped galvanized steel will always outlast zinc electroplating in any environment.
- At what point is the height of the bench measured? We measure to the table top where the plant actually sits.
- Are the bench legs adjustable to account for uneven or sloped floors? Yes. There are leveling headers at the top of each leg with 2 1/2" of adjustment.