Custom NFT Systems
Hole Size (in Inches):
Space Between Holes (in Inches):
Room Size (LxWxH in Feet):
Drawing of Greenhouse (if Available):
NFT Systems (Nutrient Film Technique) is a very popular form of commercial hydroponic systems. While there are different ways to design NFT systems, all will contain the basic elements of a container (gutter) to hold or pass water, submersible pump, tubing to distribute water from the pump to the gutters and back to the reservoir. The NFT system is ideal for growing lettuce, herbs, leafy greens or any other smaller, quick growing plants. Our NFT grow systems are completely customized to your needs for hole size, shape & placement. The NFT hydroponic systems can be configured to manual or automatic systems and designed as a single-level or multi-level NFT system.
- Custom hole size, shape & location
- 3” deep, 3" wide channels (gutters) with smooth, v-shaped bottoms made of white, food grade PVC
- Channels white for reflectivity and reduced heat load
- Available in single or multi-level configuration
- Accommodates manual or fully automated systems.
- Bench legs adjustable up to a 1% slope
- What is minimum spacing required between holes? Very little. Just a few mm so the holes do not get punched “together”.
- Are the lids removable? No. The gutters on our hydroponic systems are seamless and one piece.
- What material is used for the gutters? Food grade PVC.
- Are injectors included? Yes.
- How deep are the gutters? Just under 3 inches.
- What keeps the gutters from sagging? Support bars made of galvanized steel and aluminum are positioned every 2 feet to prevent sagging.
- Do hydroponic channels, gutters and troughs mean the same thing? Yes.
- NFT Hydroponic system design provides no medium support for roots
- Roots sit in a long sloping irrigation channel (gutter)
- Nutrient is introduced at the high end fo the channel or gutter and allowed to flow over the roots afater which it drains into a nutrient reservoir
- It is then re-pumped back into the channel to repeat the watering proesss
- This feed cycle can be intermittent or continuous
- An intermittent feed cycle is regulated by a timer and repeated many times per hour. This method is sometimes referred to as a “pulsed NFT system”
- A pulsed NFT system usually achieves better aeration of roots because roots are exposed to air between each feed
- A continuous feed cycle runs non-stop and is often used in comercial hydroponic systems